On the first day of the placement, the young person:
- will provide you with a log book or assessment form to complete, enabling you to provide feedback on their agreed goals, general behaviour and attitude
- must complete an induction, so that they are aware of all health and safety matters, internal procedures and feel settled into the team (see example induction checklist).
Throughout the placement, it is important that:
- the young person updates their log book regularly
- they feel part of the team and are encouraged and praised by colleagues
- you provide constructive feedback in a supportive way
- you provide a good variety of appropriate experience
- you inform the relevant contact if any issues arise.